Emergency instructions in view of Covid-19 : BSNL Corporate office
Emergency instructions in View of Covid-19 : BSNL Corporate office
Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Global Outbreak..
During this very toughest time, AIBSNLEA request all beloved members and employees of BSNL to take all preventive and control measures as directed by WHO, Central/State Govt. and other Govt. agencies.
The preventive and control measures to be adopted in BSNL Kerala Circle for the safety of our workforce are being well discussed with CGMT Kerala by AIBSNLEA time to time. We are glad to record and express gratitude that CGMT Kerala Shri. C V Vinod is very proactive on all our submissions to take care of the safety of employees first.
GS Writes to Shri. P.K.Purwar, CMD, BSNL regarding Preventive measures required to be taken to contain the spreads of COVID-19 ......<<<Click here for letter>>>
Details of discussions held between CMD BSNL and recognized Unions & Associations BSNL: Recognized Unions & Associations of BSNL were invited for discussions by the BSNL Management today to discuss regarding restructuring plan and Revival of BSNL. CMD BSNL Sh. P.K. Purwar chaired the meeting. Com. S. Sivakumar, GS AIBSNLEA, Com. Bhagwan Singh, AGS(HQ), GS & President of BSNLEU, NFTE, SNEA participated in the meeting. Sh. Arvind Vadnerkar, Director(HR), BSNL Board and Sh. Manish Kumar, GM(Restructuring) were also participated in the meeting.
CMD BSNL welcomed all the Leaders of BSNL recognized Unions & Associations and explained about the steps taken by BSNL Management for maximization of revenue.
SIM Sales: CMD mentioned that there is 5% increase in SIM Sales in the month of Jan., Feb and March-2020. SIM Sales in Feb.2020 is 18.80 lakhs and in March-2020 is 20 lakhs.
Market Share of BSNL is increasing marginally.
In the BB Sector number of disconnection is very significant and CMD further mentioned that we have to arrest the disconnections of BB.
In the EB Sector revenue is increasing 8 to 10%.
Mobile & Broadband overall initially positive.
Landline: Phase of disconnections are very less.
New Business: FTTH – 6000 OLTs integrated, due to this customer base and constant partner momentum started.
In the rural area, exchanges having 10 lines, 15 lines and 20 lines is economically unviable. However, Hon’ble MOC assured for subsidy. In the 20,000 Rural telephone exchanges human interface is planned to be changed with the alternate technology.
He further mentioned that upto 10 Kms in the rural area localized mobile system on revenue share basis will be done with Bharat Air Fiber at a speed of more than 60 Mbps speed.
BSNL Revival Plan: CMD mentioned out of 78569 VRS Optees , 78334 VRS applications were accepted and 198 VRS optees has been expired. As on date 76929 VRS Optees have been sanctioned with Provisional Pension. As on date about 75000 cases processed for PPOs and forwarded to CCAs concerned. Out of that, 26370 PPOs were issued till date.
He appreciated the outstanding efforts taken by the BSNL management with the support of the all the Unions & Associations of BSNL for successful implementation of BSNL VRS-2019. He also conveyed the message of Hon’ble MOC that today Hon’ble MOC will appreciate the efforts and support extended by all the Unions & Associations of BSNL for the successful implementation of the BSNL VRS Plan -2019 in the Floor of the House.
Release of Leave encashment and Ex-gratia payments: CMD BSNL assured that Leave encashment payment and Ex-gratia payment will be paid on 31st March, 2020. Already 77585 VRS cases were processed for the above cited payments. Rs. 4850 crore towards Leave encashment after TDS is being processed in LIC. Finance Ministry agreed to appropriate Rs. 5000 Crore towards the first installment of Ex-gratia payment, however, we are the short of 1300 crore towards the payment of Ex-gratia. Hence balance amount of Ex-gratia will be paid in the first week of April, 2020.
Launching of 4G : Central Govt. made provision in the Budget FY:2020-21 towards the cost of 4G license including GST but BSNL is not in a position to take the 4G spectrum immediately due to following reasons:
1. We are having outstanding bills to be payable to the vendors M/s ZTE, M/s Nokia and M/s Erricson to the tune of Rs. 2000 Crores.
2. M/s Nokia installed 13000 equipment’s in the Phase 8.4 has quoted 3.5 lakh for the software/hardware upgradation from 3G to 4G and 7 lakh for green field which is L-1 subject to the conditions that Rs.300 Cr has to be paid before 31.3.2020 and compensation for Foreign Exchange fluctuation whereas M/s ZTE installed around 24,000 equipment’s has quoted 7 lakh for the software/hardware upgradation from 3G to 4G and 10 lakh for green field which is L-2 but the conditions put forth by M/s ZTE is unrealistic. In addition to this the rates quoted by L-1 and L-2 alongwith conditions has not been approved by the BSNL Board since consensuses has not been reached.
3. If BSNL is taken 4G License immediately without procurement/upgradation of equipment’s we have to pay license fee @Rs. 5.5 crore per day i.e. to the booked in the books of Accounts.
4. However, BSNL Management has proposed to float new Tender for the procurements of 4G equipment’s in the next week. It will take another 8 months for roll out of 4G.
Union and Association’s Leaders expressed their serious concern for the immediate launching of 4G in BSNL to attract more customers and increase the revenue.
Monetization of Assets: CMD mentioned that during the FY our Bank loan including O/s bills comes around 40,000 crore. We further required 10000 to 12000 Crore for 4G launching and Rs. 5000 Crore for OFC maintenance. BSNL is paying Rs. 4000 crore towards bank interest and we can saved Rs. 6500 towards employee cost. Roughly we required 50,000 crore for our annual expenditure but our annual revenue is around Rs. 20000 crore. Hence for the deficit BSNL is depending on Sovereign guarantee bond to the tune of Rs. 8500 crore and monetization of vacant assets. He further mentioned that in the first week of April,2020, BSNL will get a Rs. 8500 crore Sovereign guarantee from Finance Ministry. 14 assets were identified by BSNL for monetization but DIPAM accepts only 11 assets to the commercial value of Rs. 18,200 Crore for which BSNL is expecting transactional advise within a week. Three MNCs come forward for purchase. Discussions has not been taken place due to COVID-19.
Merger of BSNL – MTNL: CMD mentioned that there is a pressure for the merger of BSNL & MTNL to be completed within six months. Union & Associations Leaders requested CMD BSNL to discuss with the recognized Unions & Associations before the implementation of merger. CMD replied that merger of BSNL & MTNL comes under the purview of equity structure of DIPAM, Finance Ministry & DoT. However he assured that suggestions of recognized Unions & Associations will be taken care of and forwarded to DoT.
We expressed our serious concern regarding the non maintenance of vast Telecom Network due to non availability of man power and non-implementation of outsourcing tender. CMD explained that out of 1600 clusters EOI have been opened for 1100 cluster and tender have been awarded for 280 clusters and he personally monitoring the same. We brought to the notice of CMD, the problems faced by field unit executives for attending the faults in the Primary cables due to non-availability of man power in the post VRS scenario. We further requested Primary cables maintenance has to be outsourced along with the secondary cable mtce. and also requested to relax the tender conditions and powers has to be delegated to CGMs to utilize the existing staff of BSNL who are having rich experience in attending the faults to participate in the tender.
CMD replied that he was aware of the situation and it will be reviewed shortly. He further mentioned that due to the non-implementation of the tender in all the clusters more funds has been allotted to all the Circles to meet out the monthly mtce. expenditure and so as to maintain the Telecom Network fault free. We expressed our serious concern against the non implementation of outsourcing tender in CSCs. CMD appreciated our concern and assured to look into. We requested CMD to issue necessary instructions to the CGMs to provide hand sanitizer in all the CSCs due to COVID-19. CMD agreed to issue instructions.
We requested CMD to fix the time line for the monthly salary disbursement since the net salary from Feb., 2020 onwards comes around Rs. 360 crore only. CMD assured that salary disbursement will be streamlined within two months and Feb., 2020 salary will be paid in last week of March-2020.
Due to paucity of time Man, Power/ Restructuring Plan and other important items could not be discussed. CMD BSNL assured that the meeting will be continued either 19.03.2020 or 20.03.2020. Finally CMD told that we are on the right track and we have to expect the outcome and assured that concerns of Unions & Associations will be taken care of. Finally all the Union/Association Leaders thanked CMD BSNL and Director(HR), BSNL Board for the detailed discussions. The meeting lasted for the two hours.
CS writes to CGMT Kerala that recovery shall not be permitted from the leave encashment of erstwhile –OJTOs :
It is disheartened to learn that many BAs are sharpening knife to carve out the proposed huge reduction from the leave encashment of the concerned JTOs. Since leave encashment of DOT time is Tax Free , any recovery from leave encashment is effectively 30% additional loss to the O-JTOs compared to recovery from any other sources of retirement benefits like exgratia payment /gratuity benefits as these are taxable up to @30% scale. …. …..
CGMT informed CS that he will give directions to PGM-F to withhold recoveries till finalization of the matter. AIBSNLEA reciprocate sincere thanks and regards to CGMT Kerala
CS Com.Shaji , CVP Com.Rajan and AFS CHQ Com.Pushparajan had a meeting with CGMT Shri. C V Vinod at 9.45 AM yesterday on 12 -03-2020 as invited by CGMT . All the pending service and HR issues were discussed. The honest and Inspiring attitude of CGMT Kerala towards the service/HR issues discussed is sincerely appreciated by this association .The meeting concluded around 11.15 AM
New FTTH customer addition :
We expressed the pressure at field in achieving FTTH targets assigned. To achieve targets through BSNL staff, as of now BSNL hasn’t have sufficient man and materials and tempting to attain some count through LCO . Apparently the chance of swapping BSNL BB customers to LCO FTTH , if at all happening so , is not economical to BSNL and it cannot be entertained . We requested CGMT to adopt some regulatory means to avoid swapping of higher plan BB customer to basic FTTH BB499 plan through LCOs . CGMT shared our concern and assured to issue instructions.
Strengthen FTTH sector on BSNL own feet :
During AUAB meeting AIBSNLEA suggested to take measures to strengthen the FTTH sector by giving maximum connection by BSNL itself , especially in the new era of external plant outsourcing wherein our filed staff those engaged with maintenance of LL are free . The staff, not engaged otherwise, may be engaged with the FTTH BB provisioning sector.
Relocate more number of the Wi-Fi hotspots both USO/MDO:
We requested to relocate more number of the Wi-Fi hotspots in potential areas to provide more coverage around telephone exchange /Offices/BTS premises and thereby generating revenue at least to meet OPEX of the services so that we can arrest BSNL bleeding from the Wi-Fi services. <<<Letter submitted to CGMT >>>
CGMT appreciate our proposal and assured to examine it as per guidelines given in the letter. He added that Dir(CFA) , Corporate Office has requested promotion of @Rs.2 per day unlimited browsing through Paytm in all the wifi hotspot areas and the same needs to be done . He added that he wants to see the service improved.
Immediate arrangements to address the technical issues with CACU/LAGU , arrangements to address the frequent failures of CDOT NGN LAGU control cards having no support from CDOT , Completing ATs of POI/PRI to shut down Legacy switches ,need for proper mobile tuning of mobile network to address coverage issues , issues with CSCs being managed by DAS in taking part payments/Other Circle’s Bills/SIM Swapping etc have also been discussed .
Heavy recovery from erstwhile O_JTOs on erroneous pay fixation :
The matter is discussed at length and CGMT assured to give all possible supports. As per discussion AIBSNLEA submitted a new letter with all points in brief.
We extend our sincere gratitude towards your magnanimity in listening and empathetically considering the grave case of the matter in subject during this association meeting with you today on 12-03-2020. As per suggestion, the following points are put up briefly to your kind notice to understand the case in detail and take the righteous decision to stop the erroneous recovery from the O-JTOs .
1. As per the order No- AP-II/Exe.pay.Rvn/09/5 dated 16-03-2009 2nd IDA pay-revision of executive cadre implemented . According to this order Officiating JTOS pay fixed similar to Regular JTOS w.e.f 01/01/2007 (Annexure 1) .
2. After implementation of non executive pay revision order dated 07/05/2010 ,Kerala circle issued an order regarding erroneous pay fixation of officiating JTOS on 11/10/2012 (Annexure2). Corporate office directed all circle heads on 22-12-2015 regarding pay fixation of OJTOs w. r .t substantive cadre superseding all previous orders ( Annexure 2A)
3. Due to the issue of this order pay reduction is effected, so affected parties have challenged this order in Honble CAT Eranakulam vide OA NO 1022/2012. CAT directed in favourable to officiating JTOS . After that BSNL Kerala filed review petition vide RA 30/2015 , There after filed clarification MA vide MA NO 1370/2016. This MA Finalised on 05/01/2017. Court directed as pay fixation to be regularised as per Annexure 2 , but recovery is not insisted (Annexure 3)
4. This matter is communicated to All BA heads through letter No HR-III/2-5/JTO(O) pay fixation/2012/part-1/59 dated 12/02/2018. Intimation regarding recovery of overpayment will be given after receiving direction from corporate office.(Annexure 4)
5. Fr 22 (1) a 1 finalisation order issued by corporate office on 18/09/2018 (Annexure 5)
6. On 01/05/2019 order No- 1-06/2016-PAT(BSNL) issued by Corporate Office New DElhi on the basis of Hon’ble Supreme court Judgment regarding Excess /Wrong full payments recovery matter (Annexure 6)
7. Kerala circle DGM (HR)clarification letter to corporate office regarding recovery matter on 19/08/2019 is attached . In this letter it is mentioned that as per court direction recovery can be done (Annexure 7)
8. On the very next day 0n 20/08/2019 DGM legal Kerala sought another clarification for recovery on 20/08/2019
9. On the basis of above point No:8 , corporate office clarified on 30/08/2019 to implement court direction on recovery issue .(Annexure 8)
10. Affected JTOS have requested to CGM Kerala to examine whether recovery to be done either on the basis of Annexure 6 or recovery to be exempted on the basis of Annexure 8 (Annexure 9)
11. Accordingly CGM once again sought clarification from Corporate Office on 28/09/2019 ( Annexure 10 ).
12. Corporate office clarified on 14/10/2019 that PAT order dated 01-05-2019 is applicable according to the merit of the case (Annexure 11)
13. Unfortunately Circle office has not accepted this letter because of their standing argument that OJTOs belong to Group-B.
14. Another clarification has been sought from Kerala circle office to corporate office on 21/12/2019 whether officiating JTOS are in group B or group C Category(Annexure 12)
15. On 09/01/2020 again corporate office reiterated that O-JTOs are in group C Category . (Annexure 13). As such no recovery can be made from OJTOs as per BSNL PAT order dated 01-05-2019(Annexure 6). So far no action has been taken by circle office on this favourable point, despite recovery process has been initiated by many BAs. It is a matter of clear injustice as neither any Hon. Court nor BSNL Corporate Office directed BSNL Kerala Circle to start recovery process .
Immediate Filling up of Vacant CAO posts in all Bas:
We requested CGMT to Immediate Filling up of Vacant CAO posts in all BAs to effortlessly achieve our financial goals and targets .This has not been happened so far even after our multiples of requests to the CGMT and PGMF in every meeting . CGMT stated very categorically that he hasn’t have any restriction in extending any kind of benefits, if rules permit.
As per discussion we submitted our proposal on the number of IFA/CAO needed per BA for smooth financial service IN Kerala
Heavy recovery from supernumerary JTOs without extension of proper option facility :
The matter is also discussed at length and we feel we could convince the heavy damage to the group of JTOs .
1. Officiating started in year 2004 or 2005 . At the time pay fixation was done in JTO scale as per FR 22 1 a 1 fitment . so pay reached in 9850-250- scale . minimum stage 9850 sanctioned
2. After one year in 2006 one increment of Rs 250 given and reached in 10,100 stage.
3. 2nd IDA pay revision for executive on 5/03/2009 and non executive for 7/05/2010
4. Normally the pay revision given to this category of JTOs on the basis of 2009 order of executive wef 01/01/2007
5. Their BP was 23400 in 2007 and one increment is given in 2008,2009 etc up to their pension period in 2018 0r 2019 etc
6. In 2011 corporate office issued for option those who are promoted from non executive from executive before issuing the non executive pay revision order on 07/05/2010. This option is not circulated and they all of them are enjoying the benefit from 2007 to onwards similar to a regular JTO. etc
We requested CGMT to spot the matter empathetically for the benefits of the supernumerary JTOs . CGMT assured to look into the matter positively
Inter BA long stay transfer of executives :
We discussed about the matter in detail with CGMT and requested to certainly extend the privilege of immunity against transfer, if any officer deserve as per rules well before issuing transfer orders. However, after releasing transfer orders while almost all officers are getting relieved as they have obeyed BSNL transfer rules, issuing repeated extension orders / repeated relieving orders /Struck off from ERP / once again extension order for some other officers is nothing but a mockery to all other officers obeyed the orders and got relieved . AIBSNLEA is not against extending any kind of benefits to any officer and on the other hand we cannot support this unhealthy hide and seek game. CGMT shared our views and assured to release inter BA transfer orders without any glitch from next time onwards.
All other pending HR issues were also been discussed for a positive result