AIBSNLEA Kerala wishes Happy and Prosperous 72nd Independence day
Meeting on Group Term Insurance: GM (Restructuring), BSNL Corporate Office, New Delhi convened a meeting of Committee along with the representatives of AIBSNLEA & SNEA to discuss the modalities for launching of Group Term Insurance (GTI) Scheme for BSNL Executives wherein SBI Life has given its proposal and after negotiation, finally quoted Rs. 1.42+GST for those executives having 50 years of age and for above 50 years aged executives, they have quoted higher rates.
3rd CEC of the 7th Circle Body of AIBSNLEA Kerala has been splendidly completed Yesterday on 09-08-2018 at Hotel Sudarshan , Kollam. Though incessant torrential rain challenged safe and comfortable transport all across Kerala , around 40 CEC office bearers attended the superbly completed CEC . Shri.Rajendran V ITS , PGMT Kollam was the Guest of honour to the CEC’s Open Session . Com. AmarthLal DS welcomed all the office bearers and Shri.Thulaseedharan Achary DP Kollam Proposed Vote of Thanks . The total expenditure of this CEC is sponsored by the recently promoted CEC Office Bearers to AGM/EE/AO cadres.
Congratulations………FR-22(1)a(i) Pay Fixation Case of Offg. JTOs:
Hon’ble Supreme Court dismissed the SLP filed by BSNL Corporate Office against the Hon’ble High Court Kerala judgment regarding FR-22(1)a(i) Pay fixation case of Offg. JTOs of Kerala Circle. AIBSNLEA had already requested BSNL Management for implementation of Hon’ble Kerala High Court judgment but on the basis of legal opinion BSNL filed the SLP in the Hon’ble Supreme Court. We congratulate our JTO members for their victory.
CS , CVP , DP Com.Vijayakumar and DS Com. Binukumar of Circle office branch met CGMT today and discussed all pending HR issues . GM(A/HR) was also present all along meeting . Regarding some transfer requests of our members we requested CGMT Kerala to follow the very motivating and executive friendly attitude being adopted by Dir(HR) , Corporate Office . CGMT is supposed to consider cases requested through recognised union/associations for having a cordial relation between management and union/associations as it is well happening with corporate office. AIBSNLEA always extending uncalled for support to CGMT Kerala Dr.PT Mathew not with the illusion that CGMT would full fill all our demands but by admiring his charisma as CEO of Kerala Circle. However , fulfilment of genuine requests is expected. CGMT assured to consider our submissions.
Reinstating diverted post of Superintending Engineer ( C ) at BSNL Civil Circle Calicut :
We requested to consider our letter for the same on 05-07-2018. CGMT assured to look into the matter.
Regularize date of promotion of recently promoted AGM/DEs :
After the first Promotion orders on 29-06-2018 BSNL, corporate office issued promotion orders for the left-out executives. In these orders it is mentioned that, “promote... in the grade of AGM/DE in Telecom operations stream in the IDA scale of pay of Rs. 29100-54500/- on regular basis notionally w.e.f. 29.06.2018” . But, they could join on dates after release of Circle Office Orders . We requested to release a clarification note on the date of effect of promotion in line with corporate office letters. GM(A/HR) responded that a clarification is sought from corporate office on the date of effect of the Promotions.
Forwarding of Rule 8 Mutual Transfer requests of JTOs.
After CGMT Meeting we met GM(A/HR) . Regarding Rule 8 Mutual Transfer requests of JTOs , we sought the need of forwarding the first page of SB of the JTOs who are requesting mutual transfer that was not sought so far . We requested to forward all such cases without hurdles and delay due to the fact that after release of the pending JTO-SDE promotion orders these transfers may not be possible . GM replied that it may be a misinterpretation and informed DGM(HR) to forward all the requests received so far. We reciprocate with thanks. Later we met DGM(HR) . He assured that all the pending requests will be forwarded to GM without delay.
BSNL Corporate Office, New Delhi issued Clarification on Joining / relieving of officers on promotion to AGM(T) as asked by some circles w.r.t Para 9(a) of promotion order issued <<<Click here for clarification>>>
GS writes to:
1 Shri Anupam Srivastava, CMD, BSNL regarding Inclusion of List-9 for the promotion of SDEs to the post of AGMs along with List-8 pursuant to implementation of CPSE Cadre Hierarchy
2 Smt. Sujata Ray, Director (HR), BSNL Board, regarding finalization of Seniority list in the grade of SDE (Civil)
AIBSNLEA welcome all JTOs Joined today at various BAs of Kerala after Phase-I training. We sincerely wish a splendid career ahead to one and all
The decisions taken in the AUAB meeting held on 02.08.2018:
A meeting of the All Unions and Associations of BSNL (AUAB) was held yesterday, the 02-08-2018, at BSNL MS office. The meeting was presided over by Com.K.Sebastin, GS, SNEA. The meeting was attended by: -
BSNLEU: Com.P.Abhimanyu,GS, Com.Balbir Singh, President, Com.Swapan Chakraborty, Dy.GS and Com.Chellappa, AGS.
NFTE: Com.Chandeswar Singh,GS, Com. K.S.Sheshadri, Dy.GS, Com.A.Rajamouli, Treasurer and Com.K.Natarajan, CS,TN.
SNEA: Com.K.Sebastin, GS and Com.A.A.Khan, President.
AIBSNLEA: Com.Prahlad Rai GS and Com.S.Sivakumar, President.
AIGETOA: Com.Ravi Shil Verma,GS, Com. Wasi Ahmed, Dy.GS and Com.Bashisth Gupta, Advisor.
BSNLMS: Com.Suresh Kumar, GS, Com.Mallikarjuna, President.
ATM BSNL: Com.Revti Prasad, AGS.
BSNL OA: Com.H.P.Singh, Dy.GS.
After detailed discussion, the following decisions are taken unanimously.
(1) The meeting unanimously disagreed with the letter written by the GS, FNTO and the GS, SEWA BSNL, to the Secretary DOT and CMD BSNL, withdrawing from the agitation called on by the AUAB, and also informing that their scanned signatures were used in the notice for the agitation, without their consent. Further the meeting suggested that, the GS, FNTO and GS,SEWA BSNL should come to the meeting of AUAB for expressing their views.
(2) The meeting reviewed the demonstration held on 11-07-2018, the three day Relay Hunger Strike held from 24th to 26th July 2018, as well as the meeting held between the AUAB and the Hon’ble MoSC(I/C), on 01-08-2018 and expressed it’s satisfaction. The meeting decided to write to the Secretary DOT, expressing dissatisfaction that, despite efforts were taken by the AUAB, to hold a meeting with her, the Secretary DoT, has not met the AUAB, not even once in the past 5 months. The meeting also decided to seek a meeting with the Secretary DoT immediately, and decided to give call for the next phase of agitation, in case the meeting does not materialise.
(3) The meeting finalised the text of the letter, addressed to the CMD, BSNL, demanding implementation of austerity measures for the top officers of the company.
(4) The meeting finalised the text of the letter, addressed to CMD, BSNL, demanding implementation of 30% Superannuation benefits to the Directly Recruited employees within a time frame. It was also decided that, if no positive result comes, then this demand should be placed in the charter of demands for the next phase of the struggle.
(5) The meeting decided to write letters to the CMD BSNL, against purchasing obsolete and unnecessary equipments, against the indiscreet engagement of retired officers as consultants and against the huge expenditure being incurred for AMCs. The meeting decided to demand a meeting with CMD BSNL on these issues, in the presence of other Directors.
(6) As regards, the decision of the AUAB to launch the movement of ‘BSNL at your door steps’, it was decided to suggest to the CMD BSNL, for holding an inaugural function at the Corporate office, Circle and SSA levels, jointly by the Management and the AUAB.
(7) It was decided to write a letter to the CMD BSNL, demanding to immediately arrange a meeting between AUAB and the Secretary DoT.
(8) Next meeting of AUAB will be held at 15:00 hrs. on 23-08-2018 at BSNL MS Office to review the progress on various demands and to decide future course of action.
CS and DS TVM had an agenda meeting with PGMF Kerala Shri.KK Vel today at 12 noon. Meeting lasted for about one and half hours. We discussed all pending HR issues of accounts/ finance department. PGM was very kind enough to listen all the issues we have submitted to him and assured to consider all the submissions positively including the transfer request of Shri. Sivasankaran Nair DGM(F) Kottayam BA to Ernakulam BA.
Regularisation of JAO 2012 batch with unlawful probation tag:
The case was appraised in detail to PGM from the beginning of time line. He shared feeling of the 2012 batch of JAOs who have been facing many unlucky twist and turns in their career. They are posted on Merit as JAO …. They are Posted against available vacancies …. Their regularisation will not leak any paise of BSNL … …But they are not regularised yet … After patient listening the events for about half an hour he replied that he alone cannot untwist the case but he assured that when the file reaches his table he will do all the possible helps within the four walls of law . He further suggested to discuss the matter with all the concerned for a speedy positive outcome.
Need of Individual Marketing :
PGMF shared his stress and pain in finding funds for the day to day needs of Kerala Circle . He emphasised the need of individual marketing by all employees cutting across executives/non-executives. We assured to reciprocate his desire.
AUAB meets Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) in the Parliament House:The representatives of the All Unions and Associations of BSNL met Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) in the Parliament House today. Shri M.B. Rajesh, MP, Kerala, has taken the initiative to arrange the meeting between the AUAB and the Hon'ble MoSC(I/C), and he was also present during the discussion.
The AUAB leaders who participated in today's meeting are Com.P.Abhimanyu, GS, BSNLEU, Com.Sheshadri, Dy.GS, NFTE BSNL, Com.Prahlad Rai, GS, AIBSNLEA, Com.K.Sebastin, GS, SNEA, Com.Ravi Shil Verma, GS, AIGETOA, Com.Suresh Kumar, GS, BSNL MS, Com. S.D. Sharma, GS, ATM BSNL and Com.J. Vijaya Kumar, Dy.GS, TEPU.
The AUAB leaders expressed their serious concern against the non-implementation of the assurances given by Hon'ble MoSC(I/C), in the meeting held on 24.02.2018, with the representatives of AUAB. They further pointed out that, during the last five months, not even a single meeting has been granted by the Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) and the Secretary (T), to discuss about the implementation of the assurances.
1) Assurance was given by Hon'ble MoSC(I/C), to get the affordability clause of 3rd PRC relaxed, w.r.t. BSNL. However, the DoT has not started the preparation of the Cabinet Note for getting the affordability clause of the 3rd PRC relaxed for BSNL.
2) Direction was given by Hon'ble MoSC(IC) to the Secretary(T), to take action for collecting pension contribution from BSNL on actual basic pay, as per the government order, instead of the maximum of the pay scale. DoT has not taken any action in this regard till date.
3) Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) directed the Secretary, Telecom, in the meeting held on 24.02.2018, to take necessary action for revision of pension of BSNL Pensioners. No action has been taken so far.
4) Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) gave assurance in the meeting held on 24.02.2018, for allocation of 4G Spectrum to BSNL, but so far same is not allotted to BSNL.
After discussion on the above issues, the Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) stated that the issue of 4G Spectrum allocation is in the hands of the government, and that it would be done shortly. Regarding pay revision, pension contribution on actual basic pay and revision of pension of BSNL Pensioners, the Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) assured that he would discuss all these issues with the Secretary, Telecom, on 3rd August, 2018.
Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) further stated that the employees should earn revenue for BSNL, in addition to raising the demands. The AUAB leaders replied that they are giving tough competition to Reliance JIO, who is providing services based on predatory pricing. Shri M.B. Rajesh, MP, extended his thanks to the Hon'ble MoSC(I/C) for granting the meeting and discussing the issues.
We extended our sincere gratitude and thanks to Hon'ble MoSC (I/C) for granting the meeting and also extended thanks to Shri M.B. Rajesh, MP, for arranging the meeting. <<<<Click here for glimpses>>>
AIBSNLEA Kerala issued notice to hold Circle Executive Committee of this association , for one day on 09/08/2018 (Thursday) at Kollam to transact Service , HR and organizational matters along with matters to be presented at Dehradun CWC on 18/8/2018 and 19/8/20018